To qualify for funding, grant applications must meet the following basic requirements:
- Grants are generally awarded for the procurement of items necessary to achieve a project’s goal. Except in unique cases, the cost of labor is not a reimbursable expense. Documentation is required to support the foundation’s annual IRS submissions.
- Grants are generally awarded to residents and landowners of the Elfin Forest community. In limited instances, an outside group may be funded if the activity has an immediate and direct impact on the community.
- The Elfin Forest community shall be defined generally as the Elfin Forest and Harmony Grove communities with the exclusion of planned communities or developments constructed after November 2005 where even one home is built on less than 2 acres. This area is specifically mapped in the Elfin Forest and Harmony Grove portion of the San Dieguito Community Plan certified by the San Diego County Board of Supervisors on the 3rd day of August 2011.
- The request must be on a not-for-profit basis and benefit the public good.
- Please note that the maximum grant pool of funding currently available to any one or all applying on a given semi-annual basis is approximately $3,000.00 – $6,000.00
The Foundation does not establish the community priorities. Rather, it represents the mechanism by which the community’s priorities are enacted. While the basis of grant applications can be firmly established in the bylaws, the priorities can only be set by the community. By and large, the following guidelines have been established:
- Those projects that have the widest community impact.
- Those projects most directly related to enhancing a rural atmosphere.
- Those groups, organizations, or individuals who have not previously received grants.
- Those projects that have matching funding or donated labor.
February 1 – Application period opens.
April 15 – Application deadline (5 p.m.)
May 15 – Grants awarded.
August 1 – Application period opens.
October 15 – Application deadline (5 p.m.)
November 15 – Grants awarded.